We figured with the thousands of snarling, angry and built B3 and B4 Audi's around the world, that an ultimate short shifter option was required. Working with our partner JH Motorsports, we are proud to release the SOLID shifter for the B3/B4 Audi application.
A no-compromise design with a bearing pivot design and new steel shift shaft, this is the final short shift upgrade you'll ever need. Adjustable from about 15-40% with rock solid, no slop feel, this shifter will completely transform the way your B3/B4 Audi shifts.
Solid billet aluminum base, bronze ball bearing and steel shift shaft, a direct fit for OE linkage and knobs.
- 1988 - 1991 Audi 80/90 (B3)
- 1992 - 1996 Audi 80/90 (B4)
- 1990 - 1992 Audi Coupe Quattro (B3)
- 1991 - 1996 Audi S2 (B3)
- 1994 - 1996 Audi RS2 (B4)
- On cars with carbon fiber driveshafts, this short shifter cannot be used in the lowest throw position.
- The nature of this kit eliminates the push-down reverse lockout, meaning the trans will no longer have to push down on the knob to engage reverse. Accidental engagement of reverse is still nearly impossible. The 012/01A-series transmissions have an internal lockout which prevents selecting reverse without first selecting the central neutral position. The 01E will grind but reverse cannot be engaged if the car is moving forward. We have had customers build mechanical reverse lockouts for the 01E if it is required. You cannot engage reverse directly from fifth gear under any condition.