We're excited to announce the availability of a proper engine damper for the Audi 2.7T engine from Fluidampr!
The Fluidampr viscous torsional damper is an essential component in building a high performance 2.7T engine.
The last 2.7T to leave the assembly line in Germany was over 10 years ago, meaning factory dampers are old and tired. By now, an original 2.7T damper likely has hairline cracks in the rubber ring which is robbing your engine of horsepower as it is no longer adequate enough to perform the job it was designed for. Couple the aged factory damper with increased strain on the motor through modifications, and you've got a recipe for disaster.
- Decreased Flywheel & Gearbox Chatter (Especially with the 01E Gearbox)
- RPM Drop Reduction
- Engine Vibration Reduction
- Sized for an OEM replacement at 162mm. Does not over-drive or under-drive the accessories.
- Steel construction with Black Zinc plating to combat oxidation from the elements, unlike the OEM unit.
- (6) equally spaced M8 x 1.25 threads on a 77mm bolt circle to allow additional parasite drives (dry sump , external wet sump pump drive , etc)
- Proudly Made in the U.S.A.
- 1996 - 2001 Audi A4 (B5)
- 2002 - 2005 Audi A4 (B6)
- 2000 - 2002 Audi S4 (B5)
- 2000 - 2002 Audi RS4 (B5)
- 1999 - 2002 Audi A6 (C5)
- 1999 - 2005 Audi allroad 2.7T (C5)
Protect your engine.
A Fluidampr performance damper provides premium, broad range control of destructive crankshaft torsional vibration for optimum performance and durability. Install when horsepower and rotating assembly parts change to reduce wear on critical internal engine components. Features high quality, long lasting viscous silicone technology with precision CNC machined and computer balanced high-grade steel components.
SFI 18.1 approved. Race proven for over 25 years. Made in USA. ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Please Note: We strongly recommend using new bolts when installing this part! It is critical to follow the factory torque procedure for the crankshaft bolts.