Engine dampers are essential when building high horsepower and high revving motors. Up until now no one has made an effective damper for the VW/Audi platform. (Fluidamper)
The Fluidampr engine damper carries the following benefits:
- Decreased engine vibration. No more flywheels, crank trigger wheels, or timing gears falling off of the crankshaft.
- Decreased "Clutch/Gear Box Chatter" which is caused by lightweight single mass flywheels.
- Reduction in rpm drops when shifting in a competitive environment.
- Gains of 3-10whp and 5-13ft/lbs. of torque depending on your current setup.
- An overall more efficient and reliable engine.
Please Note: Fits 06A/06B 1.8T engines. Early 058 (AEB/ATW) engines require a spacer for installation, as well as a serpentine belt converion.