We're proud to announce the availability of Density Line Strut Mounts for early small chassis Audi models, including the UrQuattro, 4000, Coupe GT, B3/B4 80/90/Coupe Quattro, S2, RS2 and others!
034Motorsport's Density Line Mounts are the new standard in comfort and performance. Our mounts are redesigned with performance in mind, and manufactured from high-durometer rubber for increased performance and durability, without sacrificing comfort. Density Line Mounts are engineered to be stiffer than stock and eliminate the slop associated with the factory mounts.
The Street Density Strut Mount is manufactured from 60 durometer rubber, which is approximately 10% stiffer than stock, and features a reinforced design that makes it effectively 25% stiffer than stock. The rubber is fully vulcanized to the center cups to ensure improved performance and lifespan.
The result is a significant reduction in deflection of the strut mount. Street Density Strut Mounts will not cause any increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
The Track Density Strut Mount is manufactured from 80 durometer rubber, which is approximately 90% stiffer than stock, and features a reinforced design that makes it over twice as stiff. The rubber is fully vulcanized to the center cups to ensure improved performance and lifespan.
The result is a significant reduction in deflection of the strut mount. Track Density Strut Mounts will cause a minimal increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
- Manufactured from 60 Durometer (Street) or 80 Durometer (Track) Rubber
- Rubber Fully Vulcanized to Center Cups
- Eliminated "Squeaking" Sound Casued by Factory Strut Mounts
- Reduced Strut Mount Deflection
- Maintain Proper Suspension Geometry Under Load
- Improved Steering Feel & Handling
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Strut Mounts
- Priced Individually - Two Required Per Axle / Four Required Per Vehicle
- 1980 - 1991 Audi UrQuattro (B2)
- 1980 - 1987 Audi 4000 & Coupe GT (B2)
- 1988 - 1991 Audi 80 / 90 / Coupe Quattro (B3)
- 1992 - 1996 Audi 80 / 90 (B4)
- 1990 - 1995 Audi S2 (B3/B4)
- 1994 - 1995 Audi RS2 (B4)
Please Note: Can also be used to replace the front strut mounts on MkIV chassis Volkswagen vehicles, and effectively lowers the front of the car by ~1/2" on those applications.
- 8A0 412 323 B 8A0412323B
- 8A0 412 323 D 8A0412323D
- 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:
Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for suspension bushings that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.
Please Note: One vehicle requires 2 mounts per axle or 4 mounts total. New strut mount bushings are available as an option here.