Engine dampers are essential when building high horsepower and high revving motors. Up until now no one has made an effective damper for the Volkswagen/Audi 1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI (EA888) platform.
- Decreased engine vibration. No more flywheels, crank trigger wheels, or timing gears falling off of the crankshaft.
- Decreased "Clutch/Gear Box Chatter" which is caused by lightweight single mass flywheels.
- Reduction in RPM drops when shifting in a competitive environment.
- Gains of 3-10whp and 5-13 ft/lbs. of torque depending on your current setup.
- An overall more efficient and reliable engine.
Finish: Black Zinc Chromate
Bore: 0.646” +/- .0005”
Weight: 5.3 lbs (3.5 lbs Rotating Weight)
Safety Rating: SFI 18.1
- 2008.5 - 2013 Audi A3 (8P) - 2.0 TSI
- 2015 - Present Audi A3/S3 (8V) - 1.8T & 2.0T Gen3
- 2009 - Present B8/B8.5 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI
- 2008 - Present B8/B8.5 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI
- 2008.5 - 2013 Audi TT / TTS (8J) - 2.0 TSI
- 2008.5 - 2009 Volkswagen Eos / GLI / GTI / Jetta (MkV) - 2.0 TSI
- 2010 - Present Volkswagen Jetta/GLI (MkVI) - 2.0 TSI & 1.8T/2.0T Gen3
- 2010 - 2014 Volkswagen Eos / Golf / GTI (MkVI) - 2.0 TSI
- 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf / GTI / Golf R (MkVII) - 1.8T & 2.0T Gen3
- 2008.5 - 2010 Volkswagen Passat (B6) - 2.0 TSI
- 2012+ Volkswagen Passat (B7) - 1.8T Gen3
Protect your engine.
A Fluidampr performance damper provides premium, broad range control of destructive crankshaft torsional vibration for optimum performance and durability. Install when horsepower and rotating assembly parts change to reduce wear on critical internal engine components. Features high quality, long lasting viscous silicone technology with precision CNC machined and computer balanced high-grade steel components.
Accepts OEM style crankshaft pulley tool. Stock size pulley does not overdrive/underdrive accessories. No tuning or maintenance required.
SFI 18.1 approved. Race proven for over 25 years. Made in USA. ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Please Note: We strongly recommend using a new crankshaft bolt when installing this part! It is critical to follow the factory torque procedure for the crankshaft bolt.